Author: Ravi Zacharias
Brand: FaithWords/Hachette Book Group
- Why Suffering Finding Meaning and Comfort When Life Doesn t Make Sense
Number Of Pages: 240
Release Date: 2014-10-21
Details: Why would a loving and powerful God allow so much pain and suffering? In WHY SUFFERING? Ravi Zacharias and Vince Vitale carefully walk you through a variety of responses that considered together provide a clear, comprehensive, and convincing answer. Responses like:
- Where there is the possibility of love, there has to be the reality of freedom, and therefore the possibility of pain.
- Wishing God had made a different world is to wish yourself out of existence.
- The cross is the key to a compelling and rational explanation for trusting in God in the face of suffering.
- In comparison with other world religions, the Christian response is highly distinctive.
- The reality of evil only makes sense in light of the reality of divine goodness.
- Relational knowledge about God takes the argument beyond reason to the presence of God amidst suffering.
- God's decision to allow temporal suffering is understandable when viewed from an eternal perspective.
- Divine goodness shows how to conquer not in spite of, but even through suffering.
Share this Product
More from this collection
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.